Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas in Hawaii

I'm staring January 1st off with a blog... I'm SO getting back into it! I'm going to try the whole post-every-day-for-a-month thing again. Last time I flunked after the second day.

We spent Christmas in Hawaii this year, specifically in Kailua, Oahu. Obama was less than a mile away! (But we didn't see him... there were patrol boats in the canal, and the neighborhood was blocked off with cement dividers!) It was different spending Christmas away from home... not bad... but different. I must say, I like my traditional Christmases with cold weather. So sue me.

It was hard to leave our little poopsies... the first time we ever have! Luckily we had a good friend who also has chihuahuas and works for the SPCA... so I felt pretty comfortable... sort-of. I was absolutely certain that my shmoopers were miserable without mama's warm bosom to keep them comfortable.

Anywho, here are some of my favorite pics from our trip:

The Dole Plantation, and Lucy's excellent photography skills...

Mother again... hit with a wave of artistic emotions.

We made it to the top!

The Valley of the Temples... and me and Dave.


And that's all I feel like posting for the time being. Happy New Year everyone! I read you're supposed to say "Twenty Ten" instead of "Two Thousand and Ten." But the article kind-of annoyed me. I've never liked anyone but my parents telling me what to do, so I think I might say "Two Thousand and Ten" just cuz...

No comments: